Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Lovingly frusterated....


ok as amazingly funny, cute, adorable and lovable this little girl is, I swear she is going to have be gray by 30 and dead at a very young age. She is the most mischieveous little thing... I'm having to toddler proof everything. I don't know maybe I was just spoiled by Michael because he is such a good kid, but Kailey gets into everything! And if she isn't getting into something then she is screaming becsause she wants something, or as she puts it needs something. And of course if we don't have the sippy cup in her hands within 2.3 seconds of her asking for it the world is coming to an end! Then if we're not screaming we're climbing. I swear I gave birth to a monkey. Even things you would think can't be climbed... she finds a way. Her favorite is now getting up on counters or the table and dancing. Now her dancing involves jumping so she gives me a near heatr attack everytime she does it. And if on the rare occasion she is being quiet and good... she's asleep :) I think the Lord maybe is trying to teach me something with her, or maybe she is my parents curse upon me... the whole "I hope you have one just like you" only I didn't develope the attitude until I was much much older.... hmmmm maybe she's getting it out her system young??? I just hope I'm not the only one out there that strugles... sometimes I feel like it... anyone have any great suggestions on how to get the shreeking to stop?? I can pretty much deal with everything else fairly well... but the screaming at the top of the lungs, that gets me everytime. I keep thinking that maybe if I could get one thing in check maybe the rest would be easier to deal with and then maybe I can get those things in check as well. I hope no one thinks I'm a bad mom because I struggle with my daughter, but I dunno maybe I am, maybe not. Not like I've done this before.... Help!

5 comments:

Tooele Brezoff said...

I was up to my eyes in poop today, followed by screaming, It is great to be a mom!
other than duct tape I have not a clue to help with the screaming. sorry.

Missy said...

I THINK it's a phase! Cambree did the same thing, but it's passing...not gone yet, but better. Try inside outside voices??? Punish if they use the wrong voice? Then she'd be in time out all the time! I don't know!! Try to stay sane!

Missy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
~Jordyn said...

Hehe she is a cutie! Hey it's Jordyn from Applebees. Glad I found you!!!

happy mom said...

I have two screamers, and I am so mean sometimes I just walk around ignore them (or I look like it to them) but then they just get worse. I am going to take missy's advice, it has to get better!

good luck, and well you know the door lock works wonders for my sanity